Friday, January 20, 2012

Literary Creativity - A Moment of Melancholy

Staring at the fluffy clouds travelling gently across the blue sky like strolling in their own yard makes me remember the old days where young children gather somewhere in the school playing catching, hide and seek and etc. Their laughter was so contagious, each with a big smile on their faces, enjoying every moment, and being really happy.


I still remember my friends and I playing catching near the spiral staircase in Primary school. We were playing happily and suddenly we saw our discipline master coming towards us. We all ran separate ways, hoping we would not get caught.

I ran with all my might and suddenly realized something was not right. The surroundings were too quiet. I was worried and decided to sneak back to the place where we had left.

To my dismay, I saw all my friends standing together, being scolded by our discipline master. I felt guilty that I was the only one who managed to escape from him. I didn’t know what to do. My mind was blank but I started walking towards them, hoping they could tell me off so I could receive the same punishment as them.

In the end, nothing happened as my friends just quietly received the lecture from him. I felt odd after the discipline master left.  I asked one of my friends why none of them mentioned my involvement to him.


Till today, I still have the image of my friend’s gentle voice. “Nevermind, we are friends”.

1 comment: