Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Literary Creativity - I Am Iron Man!

School, assignments, exams… part-time work, hanging out with my friends, updating my profile on Facebook. Ah, but that is all you see. It is all you understand about me. The truth is: I am Iron Man, a crime-busting superhero!


Over the weekend, I watched Iron Man on TV. Tony Stark, CEO, Stark Industries, is a brilliant engineer uses his talents to create a powerful suit of armor that enables him to fly around clobbering sinister, and really powerful, baddies, to ensure… well, world peace, of course. His Iron Man suit protects him from harm and gives superhuman strength. Without it, Tony Stark is just an ordinary man. A boring old engineer.

Ah, but he has imagination. And with imagination, Iron Man is born.

OK, ok, so I am not Iron Man. But I have imagination. And imagination lifts me out of the tedium that is the life of a teenager, grappling with the complexities of adulthood. I am no larger-than-life superhuman. But with imagination, I can conquer the evils of routine and boredom. With imagination, I soar. I can take on the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment